Thursday, October 27, 2011

Russell Simmons is 100% in SUPPORT of Occupy Wall Street



Russell Simmons is agreeing 100 percent with the Occupy Wall Street Movement, even if his net-worth is worth 340 million dollars. Simmons who is also Def Jam Records Co-Founder, it doesn’t matter if he is part of the 1 percent, his ultimate goal is to come up and be a part of the solution in this movement. Simmons stated;
"I just don't want to have corporations control our government, I want a better democracy. I'm part of the 100 percent. If they're suffering, I'm suffering with them.”

Simmons has spent much of his successful career fighting social justice, and wrote on his blog back in September asking the Government to raise taxes in an effort to reverse the effects of this recession.
"For far too long in this country we have allowed the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer." he stated.

"Muhammad Ali, didn't he help build the Nation of Islam? Did he help stop the war in Vietnam? Did Harry Belafonte and those guys help Dr. Martin Luther King?"

He believes who ever helps raise awareness in this "Occupy Wall Street Movement" is helping the cause and our country.

“It's just nutty to think that people can't use their celebrity for good and that they can't show up to help people who are suffering, I show up, that's what I do, I add voice to the voiceless, that's what I do. That's what rap does. So I don't see why that's a conflict. I let people talk but I do have an answer for them, it's nutty. It's disingenuous half the time when the media says these things."

LOVE FIZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker