Friday, October 14, 2011

I Tweet Therefore I Am


Everyone has lost their twitter-crazed minds! Social media is a fire storm, a never ending burnt offering to reality. As much as I, myself, love my social media websites, it’s becoming a real problem in so many ways. How many social media accounts do you have? I personally have eight that I can remember. Two I rarely, if ever use. Those being MySpace and Google +. I Ustream hardly ever, but I do watch others. My everyday sites are Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. I use Tumblr fairly frequently for fashion inspiration. And of course my baby STUNNAFIZZ on BlogSpot. So fair warning now: I need to practice what I’m about to preach. So where to begin…ahhh…I got it…E-beef, twitter beef, facebook beef, dogging out the ghetto hot mess from the night before at the club. The ghetto hot mess finds out and begins to comment on her status, poppin off. Then the hoodrat chick’s friends co-sign and starts getting “Like” button happy. Or the dude who sub tweets that other guy and all of his followers begin to retweet, alerting the guy being sub tweeted about. Next thing you know there’s a twitter beef and someone gets shot dead. I.e. M-bone from Cali Swag District.

And we all know that internet bullying is running rampant, kids are hacking into their victim’s accounts posting outrageous things or sharing inappropriate pictures, etc. And kids are actually taking their own lives due to it.

And speaking of incriminating, let’s not forget all of us who post our life story on twitter and fb. A play-by-play of our daily life. Drunk or sober. Sometimes we just want to vent, forgetting that we’re “friends” with our boss that we just bashed on our status. Then we wonder why the next day there is an empty box on our desk waiting to be filled with our belongings. How many times have you heard about relationships being wrecked because their significant other found out about their facebook creeping? College students, once you graduate please delete all pictures that will keep you from getting that job post-graduation. Employers check!

There are so many people who have had BAD things happen to them due to meeting strangers via social media sites. I’m not going to lie, two of my BEST FRIENDS I met via MySpace about seven years ago. But you have to be safe about it. Meet in a public place, bring a friend, and let loved ones know where you will be. Downfalls to meeting people online is you get a false sense of security and safety, you think just because you have talked to this person several times that you can trust them. People falsely identify themselves daily. For all you know, that “dream guy” could be some psychopath rubbing peanut butter all over himself behind that computer screen. Don’t believe me? Just think about all the fake celeb pages on twitter and facebook. They do it just to get attention, and feel important. It’s pretty pathetic. And let’s not forget about all the facebook stalkers. It’s super easy to find you after you just posted your schedule for the next four hours (I’ve done it too). Then you get mad that that one chick is outside your job when you get off. And you’re thinking “wow she stalked my whole life on the boardwalk” (DJ Pauly D voice).

I hate internet thugs! The people who act like they about to do something, but they’re TWEETING. The dude who is like “yo what that nigga just tweet me? Yo I’m about to pop off on ustream son *shots fired*.” Get the heck outta here with that my dude. People with many followers or friends have so much fake confidence. Followers validate them. It’s sad. The most overused phrase on twitter that I hate is “Rise and Grind”. You are not grinding, you know why? Because you are tweeting!! It’s always the ones who are unemployed and tweet all day who love to say “Rise and Grind”. Broke mofos!

The most basic flaw of social media is education. Nowadays kids aren’t paying attention in class because they’re tweeting and facebooking. Kids don’t write a proper sentence because they’re so accustomed to shorthand and slang. I catch myself all the time writing professional documents and slipping in some slang. For example: gonna, wanna, tryna, etc. It’s horrible and teachers find these mistakes constantly. I know I leave grammatical accuracy at the door when I’m blogging or tweeting, but don’t get it twisted. I can write a professional document. Kids of this generation also lack social skills because they no longer know how to approach that girl that they think is cute. They don’t know how to create meaningful relationships. The “poke” button is merely a legit approach to get that cute girl’s attention in you class. Sending a friend request isn’t necessarily going to build a genuine friendship. I know we all love our social media sites. I do too…I’m almost obsessed! But sometimes we just need to step away from the computer and go…EXERCISE!

LOVE STUNNA

P.S. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
@chelleshell13
@bella0486
@saudiqueenbee
@stunnafizz

HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker