Monday, October 17, 2011

J. Cole " Cole World: The Sideline Story"


I never thought I’d love an album more than Drake’s first album. But J.Cole has greatly surpassed. Wow. Can’t believe I just said that. J.Cole is my fave rapper right now, and this album is my fave album so far…PERIOD. Yeah I said it. My absolute fave song being “Nobody’s Perfect” featuring Missy Elliot. I be raping the repeat button on that one. It’s funny because when I first heard the song, my first thought was about Aaliyah. Later I saw an interview with Cole, where he said the same thing and instantly thought to put Missy on the hook. Genius!

Seriously if you haven’t copped the album…do it! The whole album is crack. You won’t skip ANY song. You may repeat some a thousand xs however. “Lost Ones” dang near had me in tears. I’ve never been pregnant, but I’m very sympathetic, can only imagine what one goes through in that situation. I’ve even helped friends reason out the exact situation. Cole is spitting on track #13, “Rise and Shine” This fool just said “Cause the ones y'all thought would save the day can't even tie my boots
The ones y'all thought could hang with me can't even tie my noose” What???? Word, that’s how you feel. Ok-ok. Then there’s “Mr. Nice Watch” featuring Jay-Z. And I’m obsessing over “Can’t Get Enough” featuring Trey Songz for those of you radio hit lovers. Def something for everyone! If you haven’t bought this album…well you’re an idiot.







"Mr. Nice Watch" f/Jay-Z


"Lost Ones"


"Rise and Shine"


LOVE STUNNA

P.S. I'm super inspired by Cole's work ethic, his confidence, and he is an overall nice and humble guy. I'm a Coleaholic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker