Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TRACY MORGAN'S DAD DIED OF AIDS




Have you heard all the hoopla about Tracy Morgan and his anti-gay rant at a recent comedy show? Though he is entitled to his opinion...he definately took it TOO far with some of his comments. One comment being that if his son grew up to be gay he would stab him to death. And he also said that gay kids that are being bullied are just weak.

When I first heard of his comments, I wondered if he himself used to be bullied when he was younger, because that's how it seems. Come to find out that he did endure some bullying due to his father having AIDS.

He reports his father was not gay, but did obtain HIV/AIDS, and later died from it. This is what Tracy had to say:
“I know how bad bullying can hurt,” Morgan said. “I was bullied when I was a kid. I’m sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean it. I never want to use my comedy to hurt anyone. My family knew what it was like to feel different. My brother was disabled and I lost my father to AIDS in 1987.
“My dad wasn’t gay but I also learned about homophobia then because of how people treated people who were sick with that. Parents should support and love their kids no matter what. Gay people deserve the same right to be happy in this country as everyone else.

“Our laws should support that. I hope that my fans gay, straight, whatever forgive and I hope my family forgives me for this.”

LOVE STUNNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker