Sunday, June 26, 2011

Revlon Cosmetics Review


CVS has a 50-75% off sale on cosmetics about twice a year I think...and I was lucky enough to pick up a ton of makeup for very inexpensive. I bought stuff from various brands like, Wet n Wild, Covergirl, Rimmel, Maybelline, and Revlon. But the three things that I find myself using almost daily are from Revlon. I picked up Revlon Custom Creations foundation in Deep 060, Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Sunkiss 030, and Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten 010. The foundation was 75% off and I got it for around $3 or $4, and both the Colorstays were 75% off at about $3 or $4 as well.

The Custom Creations foundation is a bottle separated into two compartments, one holding a lighter foundation, and the other holding a darker. There's a dial that you can adjust to customize your own perfect shade. There's five adjustments, 1 being the lightest while 5 is the darkest. I'm at a 3. I like this foundation for one because its perfect for spring-summer-fall transitions. I can customize my foundation for when I'm at the lightest to when I'm the darkest during the summer. It's about medium coverage, applies flawlessly, and would work for oily or dry skin. One con is that there's a possibility that this has broken me out. I've changed so many things in my makeup and skin regimen that I'm not sure what it is actually. All and all it was definitely worth trying out.

The Colorstay in Deep I use as a powder to set my foundation and its a perfect finish to my makeup, leaving my face looking sunkissed with a hint of shimmer. This would work well with lighter complexions as a beautiful bronzer or as a contour. I use the Colorstay in Brighten as a highlighter. This is gorgeous on top of my blush or bronzer, leaving my face glowy. This would flatter any skin tone.

LOVE STUNNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker