Monday, June 28, 2010

BET AWARDS: COMEBACKS OR FALLBACKS?


Well don’t call it a comeback…or maybe in El Debarge’s case. But seriously folks there were lots of stunnas and some fizzlers. Kanye West opened the show performing “Power”. I find it quite interesting that I tweeted
Kanye up there lookin like moses #betawards

And then realized what “Power” was all about. Read Exodus 17: 8-16. He definitely conveyed his message. “Power”ful message but the performance to me fizzled.


El Debarge’s fine self came out the woodwork, performed his greatest hits, I was very entertained. He was great and he has not aged a bit.


The man who stole the show was obviously Chris Brown. His dance tribute to Michael Jackson was nothing short of amazing. His accuracy was uncanny. But then when he began to sing “Man in the Mirror” I was a bit confused. All these thoughts ran in my head, the 1st one being, nigga is tired, out of breath, and he can’t sing without screeching, so he started crying because he was embarrassed and didn’t know what else to do, 2nd he’s really choked up because of the 1-year anniversary of MJ’s death, or 3rd he was overwhelmed with all the emotions of looking at the ‘Man in the Mirror’ and all of his transgressions he’s been through. And then a small part of me was wondering if it wasn’t a ploy for sympathy. But apparently a lot of ppl feel that way. I kinda feel like it was a mix of all the above. But who am I? Both ways he was great and he let me emotional and crying. Cuz God knows how much I miss Mike!


LOVE STUNNA

3 comments:

  1. I thought the BET awards was good for the most part...loved Diddy, and Chris Brown definitely had a lasting performance. I think it was appropriate for him to break down. I mean due to his decision making skills and quick temper, he almost threw his entire career away, so he should feel bad.But he should also be extremely grateful to BET, who gave hm a shot to redeem himself, because NO ONE else would.
    And hate him or not....he KILLED the MJ tribute!!
    other than that...Queen Latifah was good, Kanye in the antichrist, and eminem is one sexy white boy...."All i do is win win win win win!"
    Great article Stunnafizz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops...im not stunnafizz...lol. Oh well the article was good ,and that was my point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think my roommate commented under my login ppl haha. i dont want yall thinkin im pattin myself on the back lmao!!

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker