Wednesday, July 21, 2010

INDIANA BLACK EXPO 2010



Expectations were high for Expo this year for the 40th IBE…but I should have known something was up when it took 3 months for me to get my tickets!!! ANY-WHO we started off our Expo activities with the ALL-WHITE AFFAIR hosted by Idris Elba, Mike Epps, and Tiraji P. Henson, dj’d by the one and only Kid Capri! The party was fun, laid-back, classy…lots of old heads. Fizz and I was decked out lookin fly in our white. My roomie met up with us later wearing anything but white lmao!! Typical! We saw our friends from Day 26, Mike Epps, and Clifton Powell on the streets after the party. I also saw Wesley Jonathan again…lol I’m almost 100 percent sure he recognized me because he was mean muggin me haha (read “Meeting Celebs Isn’t Always Fun”) to understand what I’m talking about.









We headed home and rested up for our busy Saturday. We went to lunch at Alcatraz where we concocted our signature Stunnafizz cocktail via Jaime Alvarado (ALEJANDRO ALEJANDRO). Had a nice little time there…then we headed to the convention center to check out the vendors and Dru Hill. On the way we were “robbed” by some street hustlers. “BAMBOOZLED AND HOODWINKED ALL IN THE SAME DAY…CANT TAKE ALL THIS TOMFOOLERY”. I will not talk more about this incident. Lol.



After getting our Dru Hill fix we head to Conseco Fieldhouse for the celebrity basketball game featuring your fave stars from Mike Epps, Clifton Powell, to NBA stars like Dominique Wilkens, and George Hill. The National Anthem was sang by Day 26. They did great!! Mike Epps was absolutely hilarious with his color commentary. After the game there was a concert featuring Dondria, Dorrough, and Lloyd.









We head to the car trying to exit the parking lot…and sure enough a mob of people start running for their lives. My knee-jerk reaction was to hit the floorboard of the car. We all know black ppl don’t ask no questions. Seein a whole bunch of black folks running is all we need to know. This incident dampers our night no less than the rain, so we head back attempting to get ready to go out…but that doesn’t happen! So we just stayed in for the night. In other words due to some fool’s coonery Expo was a bust needless to say.

Read “10 Injured in Indiana Shootings”

LOVE STUNNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker