Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Doesn't Matter if You're Black or White...Or Does It?


We have a black president but what does that mean? I pray that one day we all will get UN-brainwashed from believing that white or light is RIGHT. From the media, to the way we are raised, and society as a whole, we all have it in the back of our heads that "if we were white we wouldn't have the struggles that we have". Or "if I was light I would be considered more beautiful". We still have this slave mindset that we need to get out of with the quickness!

And now it is to the point where the white man ain't even doing the brainwashing anymore but it's US...it's black folks! I've heard so many black people talk like being 'dark' is an insult. I've been guilty of this before too, not gonna lie. We need to stop that though. Those rappers and signers with their music videos where they only cast the light-skinned girl as the love interest. Can y'all get some sistas in the videos please? Dang! And what are the parents saying to their children? Because these kids ain't getting these ideas from thin air. If you do not believe me watch this:



I know this is an extreme example because this kid is just crazy!! But some people really do think this way...it's disgusting!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCz1ppTjiM

Now who in the EFF taught these kids this? This truly breaks my heart. Bottom line we need to rid ourselves of this crap. Black, white, dark, light it is all BEAUTIFUL just the same. I hope we will come to realize this one day.

LOVE STUNNA

1 comment:

  1. If i could say that we all are the same, I would. But we aren't because we all contain a different culture and others from a different culture do not understand the different culture and didnt really try to. SO therefore, they alienated the other culture and made them feel like they are bad because they are bad. NIce post

    http://misshadijatlavieestduregetoverit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker