Thursday, July 7, 2011

ARIZONA


Phoenix, AZ...the land of the cactus. LOL! I obsessed over these freakin cactus the entire trip. They're just cool.

Anyways I headed to Phoenix to visit my friend on Wednesday June 29 and came back home July 3. The first day was a bit rough...I get to the airport around 4:45am and find out my direct flight was cancelled. I had to then fly out to Charlotte an hour later than originally scheduled and then out to Phoenix...that really sucked! Flying from the east coast to the west is crucial!! So I finally arrive...and as I literally took one step out of the freezing cold plane, I began to sweat. I was thinking where the eff am I?? I was for sure I landed on the sun.

I had alot of fun in Phoenix once I got over the heat. I think the hottest it was was 117 degrees. Heat on Hell! I did alot of shopping, sight seeing, EATING, and hitting the town! The best shopping trip I had while I was there was at My Sister's Closet in Scottsdale. It's a designer consignment shop. Even though they sell second-hand items a Chanel or Louis Vuitton handbag will set you back about $1700!!! I asked a staff member to let me hold one of the Chanel bags and i felt the POWER!! haha. I made several swell purchases that I'm so proud of! I strongly suggest everyone go there when visiting Phoenix.

While I was there I had tons of authentic Mexican food, one place being at Garcia's.

I can't remember the other restaurant's name I just know our waiter was a cutie. And of course I got me some lemon pepper wings from Wingstop which was amazing! I wish we had one in Columbus.

Nightlife in Phoenix is great. The first night I went out I headed to Bobby Q's...it's poppin on Thursdays.

The next night we went to Club PHX which was also nice, its located downtown.



The last night we chilled. My friend and I cooked a gourmet meal after an expensive grocery shopping trip at AJ's Fine Foods. We had fresh salmon, rice, black beans and corn, seaweed salad, cucumber and onion salad with vinaigrette, and caviar spread on flatbread. And of course a glass of fine Riesling. For dessert we munched on red velvet cheesecake cupcakes, tiramisu, and lemon bars. DELISH!!!


All and all it was a good trip, met some new friends and I can't wait for my next vacation!


LOVE STUNNA

P.S. THESE PIX WERE FILMED WITH MY CANON POWERSHOT ELPH. SEE REVIEW HERE: "Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS Review"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker