Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who is Julisa Abad?


Some of you may have read a few posts about her on the site these past couple months. But who is she really? Here's the scoop...

Julisa Abad is a 27 year old Puerto Rican and Dominican man, who a few years ago transitioned into a woman. She has always believed, even at a young age that she was trapped in the wrong body. Born in Boston, and raised in Tampa, Fl, Julisa has been the talk of the town (internet) in recent months. I reached out to Julisa for an interview and she accepted. Check it out below:

StunnaFizz: What do you want the world to know about you?

Julisa Abad:
I just want to bring awareness to the world of what its like being transgendered and what we go through on a regular basis; which so many people take for granted for example, just going to the grocery store, or trying to live like everyone else, and pursue my dreams. I struggle with being judged, mocked, ridiculed, gawked and stared at. Before all of this, finding employment was so much harder.

SF: How do you plan to raise awareness on these issues?

JA:
I'm writing a book. The book is about my life and my struggles. About what I've been through and what I'm accomplishing. And of course I will touch on the whole Jojo situation, so people are aware of how it actually went down.

SF: What's people's biggest misconception about you?

JA:
You can't help what people say or write about you and how you will be judged, but I will say without throwing darts at anyone, anything and I mean ANYTHING I've said has been the truth ....I haven't retracted anything I said or issued an apology. Innocent people don't say sorry, if anything I'd think people would be grateful that they were mentioned as much as I was in 2011.

SF: What's next for Julisa? What are your upcoming projects?

JA:
I have a magazine cover coming out March 2012 for "The Lyfe Magazine", which I hope everyone goes out and gets.

I wear Mary Kay in many of my photoshoots. I'm working with Mary Kay so that my supporters, Team Abad, can make any purchase over $50.00, and they will receive a 'Team Abad' shirt. I have a website that they can visit www.julisaabad.com as well as www.teamabad.com which is a social networking place for the GLBT youth to discuss whatever they feel. I'm hosting parties as well as club appearances and can be reached at bookjulisaabad@yahoo.com. Also look me up on twitter @Julisa_abad and continue to follow I have alot of surprises coming up!



LOVE STUNNA

P.S. Previous posts: "New Reality Show: "Motor City Wives"
"Jojo Simmons' Tranny, Julisa Abad to be on Bad Girls Club 9?"
"Jojo Simmons Likes Trannies"

5 comments:

  1. do you know if a network picked it up ? when does it air?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are no further details as of yet, but as soon as I know something, you will know something!

      Delete
  2. How times change ive been advocating for trans women of color here in Detroit Michigan if there is anybody that is empathetic and supports my cause please reach out and contribute in any capacity that you can
    https://www.gofundme.com/djb9uebw

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker