Monday, November 21, 2011

HE VS. SHE: Drake "Take Care" Review


CLASH OF THE TITANS! HE VS. SHE. CHECK OUT THE REVIEW FROM A MALE AND FEMALE PERSPECTIVE THEN YOU DECIDE!

HE:
Where to start!!! 1st off this is a R&B album and if I am going to listen to that I would prefer a better singer so I will just stick with Usher I suppose. This entire album is clearly for females. Ross steals the show on "Lord Knows", "Headlines" is aye ok, & I'm not sure if I was listening to Drake or Wayne on "Look What You've Done" as it seems Drake completely stole his flow, & oh yeah almost forgot, but the Wayne feature was about as half ass as it gets which is crazy considering you are the boss & this man is suppose to make you money (sorry ladies). The only solid performance was by 3000 on "The Real Her" which makes one wish that he would have just had Andre do the entire album. I will be fair & admit that he does have lyrical abilities, but he needs to pick a lane. If you want to be a singer that's great, but don't proclaim yourself as a legend as a rapper especially when you're only on your sophomore album. Joe Budden makes great emo rap records although he is suspect in his personal twitter life lol (that's a whole other review). Just saying, you may want to take a page out of his book as a rapper. I can't argue your aim at securing the female audience as that has always been your bosses move for financial purposes as well (& we all know those teenage chicks buy CD's), however I need you to decide who you are as an artist as its very noticeable that even these females have you confused compared to what I believe you want to be remembered as, which is a RAPPER. SIDE NOTE: I hope your pull out move is better then Wayne's because when he gets in apparently he goes dumb as exampled by 20 kids from 20 different women (jp kinda lmao). With that said, pass your cash on this trash & just DL the Ross & 3000 features (hope Baby didn't bet a milli on this like he's known to do, but I'm sure that's the # he'll buy ;) right Mr. Carter)!!!

Notable Tracks:

The Real Her (3000 Stacks!!!)

Lord Knows (Ricky Ross!!!)

Headlines

& yes multiple R&B songs

Rating: IT FIZZLES!!!

BY: SHANE "SUGAR CANE" SIMS


SHE:
I’m super excited to go to Best Buy to pick up Drake’s new album “Take Care”. I heard so many mixed reviews on it since it leaked before its release date. I heard everything from “it’s a masterpiece”, “best album of the year”, “worst thing I’ve ever heard”, “its emo and suicidal” and everything else in between. So with my open mind and open ears I pop the cd in my car. First song plays, and I’m like ok cool, a slow song. Then the second song was slow, so now I’m slightly confused. As I continue to listen to the album I realize this is damn near an R&B album. And honestly by the end I was feeling fairly underwhelmed. However it’s not because the album is bad…but mainly because I fully expected a rap album. Drake is SANGGGIIINNNGGGG! Now that I’m fully prepared, I give it a second listen. I really like it a lot! Drake does super well painting a vivid picture. I feel like he’s going on an adventure and I’m right there next to him through it all (or maybe that was just my dream).

I can see why several men say they don’t like this album because Drake is too sensitive. This is probably going to be a fave for the ladies. He’s quite emotional as we already know. And he refers to Aaliyah several times over the course of the album, making me wonder if he believes he’s is actually Aaliyah reincarnated. LOL. Just kidding! Ironically enough, or possibly intentionally, the album has many tracks reminiscent to the Aaliyah era, making this album a classic in my opinion. My favorite two tracks on the album would have to be “Lord Knows” featuring Rick Ross. YOLO!! This song epitomizes the type of album I was first anticipating. And the second is “Cameras” because I pretty sure this song is to me. He’s just letting me know that I know you see all my side chicks and what not, but this is only for the cameras, because at the end of the day I’m coming for you. Pretty sick I concocted an entire delusion in my head huh? Sidenote: I was certain Lil Wayne was rapping in that song! Anyways at the end of the day, the album is great. It’s not the best album of the year however. I still think J.Cole’s is. But it has a little bit of everything for everybody. And even has a radio hit in “Take Care” featuring Rihanna. I suggest you go cop this album. You need this in your collection.
It’s a stunna!

BY: STUNNA

LOVE STUNNA

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker